- s varying in direction suddenly and frequently
- One key arrest comes after a manic broken-field chase through the pushcarts and costermongers of New York's Fulton Fish Market.
- Coaching his first game for Navy, Wayne Hardin turned loose a winged-T attack built around the passing of Quarterback Joe Tranchini and the broken-field flair of Halfback Joe .
- Instead, he tried some broken-field running, using a coconut as a surrogate football, then exhibited a leisurely overhand crawl through the Pacific surf.
- Brian Smith in International Herald Tribune
He looked fantastic,Newcastle coach Brian Smith said of Mullen. "When he gets the ball in a broken-field situation or with some momentum, he's dynamite carrying the ball."