- n cooking by direct exposure to radiant heat (as over a fire or under a grill)
- v cook under a broiler
- v heat by a natural force
The sun broils the valley in the summer
- v be very hot, due to hot weather or exposure to the sun
The town was broiling in the sun
- But Colicchio is in deep contemplation over a London broil steak for $6.
- Over crab fondue and London broil, they toasted the start of their spanking new bank.
- But how many of us have yanked the batteries out in frustration because that annoying shriek goes off every time we broil a steak or toast a bagel?.
News & Articles
- Savvy deals
Ground beef, $1.99/pound Boneless, center-cut pork chops, $2.50/pound London broil, $2.68/pound Top round boneless roast, $2.68/pound Yellow squash, 99 cents/pound Nice! water (24-pack), $1.
June 23, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- Joe Bastardi in BusinessWeek
I don't think this is the last of the heat,Bastardi said in an interview. "The next time it comes back it may not be as extreme on the East Coast, but the Northern Plains, Chicago and Minneapolis are liable to broil for the last two weeks...
- Roy Yamaguchi in San Diego Union Tribune
I look at it as another form of seafood steak,Yamaguchi said. "It's red in color, so it looks like meat, and you can sear it or grill it or broil it like a steak. And just about any type of sauce that goes on steak can go on ahi."
- Allan Shivers in Middletown Press
Asked to suggest a recipe, Shivers said: "Put a pot of chili on the stove to simmer. Let it simmer. Meanwhile, broil a good steak. Eat the steak. Let the chili simmer. Ignore it."