- s in deplorable condition
a broken-down fence
- s not in working order
had to push the broken-down car
a broken-down tractor fit only for children to play on
- His performance as a broke, broken-down fighter stoked Wrestler-mania at the Toronto Film Festival and, before that, in Venice, where the film had its world premiere (winning the .
- People reacted as if vast quantities of treasure were discovered in the trunk of a broken-down Hyundai abandoned on their street.
- John Mellencamp Life, Death, Love and Freedom; out July 15 Whereas once his indignation was trained on factory bosses, now it's Mellencamp's own broken-down self that's got him .
News & Articles
- A little bite of prison life
Untold truths and strife seem muted in the silent chamber hallways of Eastern State Penitentiary with its aged, cracking teal paint; broken-down cells, and, outside, layering moss. However, last Saturday - as the sun peaked through an ominously bleak, rain-threatened Philadelphia day - tourists were in for a real taste of what the life of an inmate was like.
June 14, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer