- a given to uttering bromides
- s dull and tiresome but with pretensions of significance or originality
- Replete with bromidic sentiments, glittering with luxuries and unlikely incident, Beauty and the Beast is extremely likely cinema material.
- Many a missive he wrote in invisible ink, bound inside book covers, traced between lines of bromidic gossip; many were destroyed when read, some were intercepted, some went to .
- But that didn't mean that the public sessions and backstage consultations were entirely serene and bromidic.
News & Articles
- Age And Mortality, Mournful Notes In A Familiar 'Song'
Vanessa Redgrave and Terence Stamp anchor a bighearted if ultimately bromidic look at a couple faced with a diagnosis of terminal cancer — and the music that helps both of them come to terms with it.
June 20, 2013 - NPR