- n an alloy of copper and tin and sometimes other elements; also any copper-base alloy containing other elements in place of tin
- n a sculpture made of bronze
- v give the color and appearance of bronze to something
bronze baby shoes
- v get a tan, from wind or sun
- s of the color of bronze
- s made from or consisting of bronze
- Despite China's efforts to stop the sale of the bronze rat and rabbit heads, looted in 1860 from Beijing's Old Summer Palace, unidentified phone bidders purchased the sculptures .
- I had planned to write another follow up to Ling's post belwo about the sale of the bronze heads, which seemed to me likely a case of a shrewd bidding up of prices on a couple of .
- The way to put the purest bull character into a bull of bronze, reasoned Sculptor Herbert Haseltine, is to model only from a champion.
- Novak Djokovic in AFP
To win any medal in the Olympics is a huge achievement for any athlete. Not many athletes get a chance to win a medal,Djokovic said. "But for me, this bronze shines like a gold because I think I've played pretty good tennis all the...
- Elena Dementieva in CNN
I never expected a medal -- gold, silver or bronze,said Dementieva, 26. "It's unbelievable. For me this is the best moment in my career. I'll never forget it."
- Dwyane Wade in SI.com
It would mean everything to me,Wade told The Associated Press last month. "It's what we talked about after getting the bronze, right after getting that medal, and I really want to be part of the team that puts the USA back on top."