- n a browning of the skin resulting from exposure to the rays of the sun
- n a light brown the color of topaz
- n ratio of the opposite to the adjacent side of a right-angled triangle
- v treat skins and hides with tannic acid so as to convert them into leather
- v get a tan, from wind or sun
- s of a light yellowish-brown color
- A Pakistani woman defies tribal law Royston Tan Challenging the Establishment in Singapore R O L E M O D E L S Nigo A Bathing Ape founder is Japan's model of cool.
- Does a so-called base tan protect against sunburn? For fair-skinned people, a base tan is the equivalent of SPF 4, which translates into a little extra time in the sun before they .
- It leaves you tan and sexually excited, and it works for both men and women.
News & Articles
- Billionaire Tan Considers Philippine Air Exit After Two Decades
Philippine billionaire Lucio Tan has been approached by a group of investors to sell his controlling stake in PAL Holdings Inc. (PAL) and Philippine Airlines Inc. as he prepares to exit the aviation business after two decades.
June 11, 2013 - Bloomberg
- San Tan Valley residents upset over water quality, pressure
After high nitrate and E. coli scares in their water supply, some San Tan Valley residents are saying their water is discolored and the pressure is next to nothing.
June 11, 2013 - CBS 5 Phoenix
- Vietnam PM takes a hit in first-ever confidence vote
HANOI (Reuters) - Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung was dealt a rare public blow on Tuesday, winning the full support of less than half of members of a parliament dominated by his ruling Communist Party in the country's first-ever confidence vote. The former central bank governor got votes of "high confidence" from 210 members of the 498-seat national assembly, with 160 passing votes of ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Tony Kornheiser in ESPN
If I could handpick a replacement of a football guy, I would cast a net and drag in Jon Gruden,Kornheiser added. "He is the two things you most want -- smart and funny -- and has the two things I don't -- good hair and a tan. I love PTI...
- Tan Le in Tehran Times
It picks up electrical activity from the brain and sends wireless signals to a computer," said Tan Le, president of US/Australian firm Emotiv.
- Billy Werber in USA Today
Whatever he drank he absorbed well,Werber said. "And he was a kindly man. He didn't shove these little kids along. They crawled all over his white shoes and his tan pants. He'd go to hospitals, but he'd never take a newspaper man with him...