- The breakaway hit So Sick, a ballad about a brokenhearted guy who can't stop listening to brokenhearted ballads, delivers a light, genre-spoofing twist, but the other songs soar .
- Like Holiday, Peyroux has a bittersweet, brokenhearted alto; she lingers and slides off notes, finding emotion in the slow, sad fade rather than the obvious vocal burst.
- A brokenhearted father takes over the proceedings, calling the Royals insulting names and pressing a bizarre conspiracy theory that he holds to be fact.
News & Articles
- Halos good example of midseason deals gone awry
The underachieving Angels serve as a case study of the perils of hurling caution -- and young talent -- to the wind with go-for-the-broke midseason deals that can leave you brokenhearted.
June 25, 2013 - Major League Baseball
- Cristiano Ronaldo in Saudi Gazette
I feel devastated, completely brokenhearted, frustrated and unimaginably sad,Ronaldo said. "I know I'm the captain, I have always faced up to my responsibilities, and I always will."
- Jimmy Carter in Atlanta Journal Constitution
Carter told the Southeast regional meeting of the new Baptist organization he helped found last year in Atlanta that there's "no way for us to ignore Jesus' emphasis on the poor, the brokenhearted."
- Jon Moss in USA Today
Moss said the book is misleading, and that George's claim the band split "because he was distraught and brokenhearted over our love affair" was "complete and utter cobbler's (rubbish)."