- s (of a person) possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful
- One break was made by a brawny group of Red Cross nurses.
- Seated at his left at a rear table in Umbertos Clam House was his brawny bodyguard, Pete ("The Greek") Diopioulis; at Gallo's right, his sister Carmella.
- Mario Batali grabs a brawny handful of parsley leaves and tosses them into the pot without looking.
- Conan O Brien in OSU - The Lantern
Someone said I look like the Brawny paper towel guy just before his bone marrow transplant,O'Brien said.
- Brian Tierney in Techdirt
We do the brawny work,Tierney said, sounding like the CEO of some smokestack industry. "The Web efforts, they add something. I congratulate them. Let a thousand flowers bloom. But if somebody thinks in any short term, or even medium term,...
- Kermit Lynch in Los Angeles Times
There is an American attitude that drinking wine is sort of like a wrestling match and it is not macho to get into the ring with a wimpy 'easy to drink' wine,wine importer Kermit Lynch says. "Better it is big, brawny, tough, and swallowing...