- n an article that is fragile and easily broken
pack the breakables separately
- a capable of being broken or damaged
earthenware pottery is breakable
breakable articles should be packed carefully
- Unlike most children, Prime Minister Abdul Rahman was keenly aware that his new toy was breakable.
- In person you felt he was almost breakable.
- To a handful of music critics, Victor last week sent samples of the first non-breakable records ever made for home use an album of Richard Strauss's Till Eulenspiegel's Merry.
- Lote Tuqiri in Planet Rugby
We're definitely underdogs, they finished way and above everyone else (after the round-robin stages) but we know they're breakable,Tuqiri told Sportal. "And we've certainly got a few things in line that can hopefully come into fruition and...
- Tilda Swinton in Los Angeles Times
Soon after, Swinton and Guadagnino set about creating a film based around a "very quiet person [in] an environment breakable by the revolution of love," said Swinton, inspired by the tragic heroines of Flaubert and Tolstoy, but also of the great...
- PT Barnum in Tuscaloosa News (subscription)
The animal "bit me severely," Barnum wrote. "I shrieked with pain, straightened my neck, first, then my back, then my legs, overthrew the table, smashed every breakable article upon it and rushed behind the curtain! The squirrel galloped off...