muscular : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or consisting of muscle
- a having a robust muscular body-build characterized by predominance of structures (bone and muscle and connective tissue) developed from the embryonic mesodermal layer
- s having or suggesting great physical power or force
the muscular and passionate Fifth Symphony
- s (of a person) possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful
a muscular boxer
- Criminals tend to be young males who are muscular rather than thin, and who have lower-than-average IQs and impulsive, "now"-oriented personalities, which make planning or even .
- The injections were always followed by muscular paroxysms and death, even though 100 times the neutralizing dose of antitoxin was in the bloodstream and even though some doses .
- Scholars can debate whether the Bush Doctrine is the most muscular expression of national interest in a half-century; the generals may ponder whether warmaking or peacekeeping is .
News & Articles
- Scientists turn muscular dystrophy defect on and off in cells
For the first time, scientists have identified small molecules that allow for complete control over a genetic defect responsible for the most common adult onset form of muscular dystrophy.
June 28, 2013 - Science Daily
- Scripps Florida scientists turn muscular dystrophy defect on and off in cells
( Scripps Research Institute ) For the first time, scientists from the Florida campus of The Scripps Research Institute have identified small molecules that allow for complete control over a genetic defect responsible for the most common adult onset form of muscular dystrophy. These small molecules will enable scientists to investigate potential new therapies and to study the long-term impact of ...
June 28, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy Returns to Baltimore for Annual Connect Conference; Presenters Include FDA, Major ...
HACKENSACK, N.J., June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD) will return to Baltimore for their Annual Connect Conference, the largest, most comprehensive annual, international conference focused entirely on Duchenne muscular dystrophy (Duchenne), June 27 – 30, 2013.Researchers, scientists, and Duchenne experts from around the world travel to the Connect ...
June 24, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- Arsene Wenger in Arsenal-Mania.com
I have two difficult weeks ahead of me, especially because I won't be doing what I like doing most, which is to play tennis, but I will be working on my recovery through physiotherapy treatments as well as recovery work on the specific muscular... Rafael Nadal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Nadal&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGB4R84OTDgXL_TkqY3qI1ga4TNfA MiamiHerald.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/tennis/story/1088983.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF0WUWvhtEHKEkTVtYWyoJaNskt5g Jun 9, 2009
66042 87699 muscular Wenger said: From last Saturday we lost Cesc Fabregas who did not train today. His scan was quite reassuring as he has no muscular strain but it will take a few days to settle down. There's a chance he'll be fit for Old Trafford."
- Jim Leach in TIME
They have extraordinary powers and exercise them in a muscular way,said former Rep. Jim Leach, R-Iowa, who fought years ago to try to rein in the two companies' influence and growth.