- n the appropriation (of ideas or words etc) from another source
the borrowing of ancient motifs was very apparent
- n obtaining funds from a lender
- v get temporarily
- v take up and practice as one's own
- Tim Pannell Corbis While more-cautious lending practices are certainly contributing to decreased borrowing, the bigger driver is that Americans are still feeling the effects of .
- The White House contends that her borrowing broke no law.
- If we keep trying to borrow that much from overseas--as you've probably gathered, selling debt means borrowing money--today's quality problems may soon seem petty.
News & Articles
- Greek borrowing rates jump on coalition fears
Greece's borrowing costs have spiked to their highest level this year amid rising concerns over the future of the country's governing coalition. The yield on the country's benchmark ten-year bond has spiked 0.80 percentage point Friday to 11.35 percent. That's the highest in 2013.
June 21, 2013 - Erie Times-News
- Indebted countries see borrowing costs edge up
Europe's indebted countries have seen their borrowing costs edge higher after the U.S. Federal Reserve signaled it could start phasing out its bond-buying program. The market shift raises concerns that ...
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- German New Net Borrowing Seen at 40-Year Low in 2014
German New Net Borrowing Seen at 40-Year Low in 2014
June 21, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Barack Obama in MiamiHerald.com
Entitlement increases and tax cuts need to be paid for,Obama said Tuesday, as he invited dozens of conservative Democrats to the White House to discuss his approach. "They're not free, and borrowing to finance them is not a sustainable...
- Mark Sanford in Globe and Mail
Given the extent of damage to financial systems, the loss of wealth, the necessary adjustments to a long period of excessive borrowing around the world, it seems realistic to expect a gradual recovery, with more than the usual ups and downs and... Timothy Geithner http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_F._Geithner&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEcBzJYQzptZFNPOMS0l6yJfLdnyA Wall Street Journal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20090714-702186.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGAQXJp_4DWfS6opyqCcJPbmgqTTg Jul 14, 2009
11822 16267 borrowing Borrowing money and cutting cheques to fund infrastructure is not the best way to juice the economy," Republican Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina said in an interview. "And this notion that Washington, with a blink of a wand, can...