- n a short or shortened tail of certain animals
- n large sheepdog with a profuse shaggy bluish-grey-and-white coat and short tail; believed to trace back to the Roman occupation of Britain
- s having a short or shortened tail
- From then on, Author Duncan's ragtag, bobtail characters resemble Betty MacDonald's farmers, except that his chickens lay golden eggs.
- To turn this rag, tag and bobtail of epigram, anecdote, whimsy and general small beer into a movie was, according to Sturges, "like trying to make a film of the telephone .
- Nevertheless, the Coughlin penny dreadful, Social Justice, baits Jews blatantly and increasingly; so do the ragtag bobtail who make up a large part of the Coughlin following.
News & Articles
- Squee! Octopus Hatchling Spotted by Deep-Sea Explorer
A teeny octopus hatchling still cradled in its egg, a bubblegum pink coral and a bug-eyed bobtail squid are among the darling creatures spied by a deep-ocean explorer plying canyons off the northeastern coast of the United States.
Aug. 6, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- Peter Mandelson in Aljazeera.net
Do you not think we have better things to do than to chase up every rag, tag and bobtail rumour, innuendo and smear that anyone with a book to sell chooses to pump into the etherMandelson said at a conference in London. "We've got a...
- Chip Foose in Dallas Morning News
I think it will be for the '08 or '09 [Autorama] show,said Mr. Foose, who started working in his father's car shop at 7. "We'll detune the engine to have in the neighborhood of 600 horsepower. I call it a bobtail. We still have a ton of...