boffo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s resoundingly successful and popular
for years he was a boffo box office certainty
- To describe the golden cinema business of the war years, Hollywood had used a special phrase"boffo terrif.
- Gates is the Bing Crosby of American technology, borrowing a tune here and a tune there and turning them all into great boffo hits by dint of heroic feats of repackaging and .
- But its impact is pure boffo.
News & Articles
- Live Muppet show on the way?
Disney uses its powers for good ... Remember that "boffo socko script for a Broadway slot" that Kermit the Frog pitched in "The Muppets Take Manhattan?" Well, it might be more than just fodder for an awesome scene in an '80s flick.
June 13, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Competitions: Shipping Containers To House Crazily-Designed Pop-Up Shops
BOFFO Building Fashion is back, with a series of three contests in which architects duke it out to create cutting-edge pop-up shops for three famous fashion designers—to be located in one shipping container at the shipping container-filled mall that...
June 12, 2013 - Curbed New York
- Gore Verbinski in Winston-Salem Journal (registration)
It depends on the film, but I would say when they have something that is boffo, it'sa Vegas lesson. You double down. That's the fiscally responsible thing to do,said Pirates director Verbinski. "You need to put more on the table so you...
- Eric Shanower in Hartford Courant
He has a big, mysterious secret in his past that I can't reveal because it is basically the boffo ending of the book,Shanower says.
- Anne Thompson in USA Today
The simple answer is that audiences really like weddings,says Anne Thompson, film historian, blogger and deputy editor of Variety.com. "It isn't coming from Hollywood's soul; it's coming from where the boffo box office may lie."