- v accord or comport with
- s appropriate to
behavior befitting a father
- But to those familiar with Sullenberger's background, his grace under pressure seemed less a miracle than a feat befitting a decorated pilot and an aviation-safety expert.
- Throughout the week, cable news channels brought us the daily press conferences, tearful interviews with mourning fans, and a memorial service befitting a folk hero.
- But his reputation, fueled by rumor, is gaudy, befitting the lord of a narco-fiefdom.
News & Articles
- Vivian Campbell Cancer: Def Leppard Guitarist Warns Fans Not To Fear His Bald Head
Vivian Campbell said he doesn’t want his cancer to scare fans of Def Leppard. The band’s guitarist, Campbell has been known for his flowing locks befitting an 80s rock band. But after a biopsy in March revealed that he has Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Vivian went through some changes. “Me and my new aerodynamic hairstyle (read: no [...] Vivian Campbell Cancer: Def Leppard Guitarist Warns Fans Not To Fear ...
June 10, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Pacers fall to champs
Their season, their legacy, their reign atop the NBA were all at stake, and the Miami Heat responded to all of that in a manner befitting champions. With a blowout.
June 6, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Winston Churchill in UC Berkeley
If there was a better, more effective, or in fact any other way of visiting some penalty befitting their participation upon the little Eichmanns inhabiting the sterile sanctuary of the twin towers,Churchill wrote, "I'd really be interested...
- Andrew Strauss in Mirror.co.uk
Strauss told Sky Sports News: "I was answering a question about the future of Test cricket. I believe very strongly Test cricket should be the ultimate form of the game and therefore we should prepare for Test matches in a manner befitting that."
- Peter Storrie in Times Online
Peter Storrie, chief executive of Portsmouth FC, said: "This will be the most spectacular stadium, set against the backdrop of the harbour and the English Channel befitting the club's history. The club will be playing a big part in the regeneration...