- s marked by poverty befitting a beggar
a beggarly existence in the slums
- s (used of sums of money) so small in amount as to deserve contempt
- It would be beggarly to call what Scofield does a performance; it is an incarnation.
- Rationed already to a beggarly half an ounce of tea a week, and with white bread scarce, Eire is faced with even stricter rationing until harvest time, unless she can get wheat .
- And in his needy shop a tortoise hung, An alligator stuff'd, and other skins Of ill-shaped fishes; and about his shelves A beggarly account of empty boxes, Green earthen pots .
- Ayman al-Zawahri in Jerusalem Post
Bush, son of Bush, eliminating Israel is the duty of every believer,al-Zawahri said. "Beggarly clerics ...... and every bankrupt propaganda machine is trying to convince the people to bring change by peaceful means, but the Islamic nation...
- Peyton Sellers in WhoWon.com
I grew up watching drivers like David Blankenship, Barry Beggarly and Maurice Hill compete,Sellers said. "We came out this year and competed with the likes of them and we showed that we can compete with the great drivers. This year's...