backwash : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller
- n the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event)
- n the wave that spreads behind a boat as it moves forward
- Interesting as this line of thinking might have been, it subsequently drowned in the backwash of controversy over her almost verbatim use of a 43-word paragraph that had .
- After all, don't these guys know that during its 116-year history, liters of backwash have sloshed around the Cup as countless players and fans chugged champagne out of this .
- As politicians elsewhere dithered and bickered in the tsunami's backwash, Thaksin played a key role in the swift mobilization of relief efforts while appearing to be everywhere at .
News & Articles
- Weather: Comfortable and Dry Wednesday
CLEVELAND — Backwash clouds from the cool air flow clung to our skies with much more vigor Tuesday than given...
Sept. 4, 2013 - FOX 8 Cleveland
- Weather Outlook: Clear and Cool
CLEVELAND — Backwash clouds from the cool air flow clung to our skies with much more vigor today than given...
Sept. 3, 2013 - FOX 8 Cleveland
- John F Kennedy in NewsMax.com
Asian investors could be exposed to the underlying problem assets...... institutions and markets could be affected by the backwash of liquidity and funding issues in the major markets, and Asian economies could be affected by broader macroeconomic... Glenn Stevens http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Stevens&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGuRU28BvrMR9HmOVWZaa9yyIJvlA Bernama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news_business.php%3Fid%3D285685&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEEy_xDQNyNR-QDAqoqI51HLiML7Q Sep 18, 2007
7475 10725 backwash Those who came before us made certain that this country rode the first waves of the industrial revolutions, the first waves of modern invention, and the first wave of nuclear power, and this generation does not intend to founder in the backwash of...
- Gerard Kennedy in Toronto Star
Neither Rae nor Ignatieff should be upset,said Kennedy in an interview in January. "There was some backwash afterwards from Bob's campaign. They used heavy duty words like `betrayal,' and so on, and I find that highly regrettable."