- n the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event)
the aftermath of war
- n the outcome of an event especially as relative to an individual
- Photos from the aftermath of a deadly earthquake and tsumani that took at least 22,000 lives across south Asia.
- Japanese photographer Hiromi Tsuchida captures the aftermath in Hiroshima - check out pictures of survivors and monuments.
- The group was there to attend the trial of Tan Zuoren, another activist who has investigated the quake's aftermath and is charged with subversion.
News & Articles
- Video: Video of Louisiana plant explosion aftermath
?Cell phone video obtained by CBS News and shot by Ryan Meador captured the aftermath of a Geismar, La., chemical plant explosion. Emergency responders say seven injuries were reported.
June 13, 2013 - CBS News
- Rollover crash
The aftermath of an accident at the intersection of Harrison Street and Route 30A in Gloversville on Wednesday afternoon is shown.
June 13, 2013 - The Leader-Herald
- In aftermath of spa shooting, Assembly discusses domestic violence bills
The state Assembly this week is considering three domestic violence-related bills proposed in the aftermath of a shooting at the Azana Salon & Spa in Brookfield.
June 12, 2013 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in guardian.co.uk
While there is no evidence that any British officer was directly engaged in torture in the aftermath of 9/11, there are questions over the degree to which British officers were working with foreign security services who were treating detainees in... David Cameron http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cameron&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE3fAq8g6-iI8HkyqcCrBC0CERH6Q AFP http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hR6nRBwe8wLDbLyud8_fWhMc_SGQ&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHPAqTqSiNNzrt0tOYU-Ko8sDbiWQ Jul 6, 2010
1951 2616 aftermath Asked if she agreed, Mrs Clinton replied firmly: No, I do not. I am a senator from New York. I have lived with the aftermath of 9/11, and I have seen firsthand the terrible damage that can be inflicted on our country by a small band of terrorists."
- Jerry Jones in Pittsburgh Post Gazette
In the aftermath of the season, we talked about change,Jones said in a statement. "Some of what is changing involves the process and some of it involves people. This is a decision that was made based upon consideration for an entire team....