- n a relatively well-defined prevailing wind
- n the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller
- The combination of the wings' shape and the skydiver's position modifies the airstream to create the lift needed to float forward.
- At this critical speed, the airstream, accelerated by crowding over the curved surfaces, reaches at certain spots the speed of sound.
- The airstream passing through the turbine generated enough pressure to activate the part of the hydraulic system that controls the flight spoilers, rudder and ailerons.
News & Articles
- Airstreamers strike up the band
The Airstream Wally Byam Caravan Club International Concert Band practices Thursday morning in James Valley Christian School.
June 22, 2013 - Huron Plainsman
- Space camp: Is trailer watching sky near Milton?
It’s difficult to know what to think when your rural neighbor has a silver Airstream trailer parked in his yard with “National Aeronautics and Space Administration Mobile Quarantine Facility” stenciled on its side.
June 22, 2013 - The Janesville Gazette
- Kevin Mawae in International Herald Tribune
It's not quite an old Airstream, but it's also not a pop-up,Mawae said.
- Freeman Thomas in PR Newswire (press release)
Through the materials, color palette and technology, the Ford Airstream Concept has distinct cues from the spacecraft and environments portrayed in 2001: A Space Odyssey,says Thomas. "We're able to maximize the spaciousness of the...
- J Mays in Yahoo! News (press release)
For 75 years, Airstream has been an icon synonymous with the optimism, discovery and wanderlust that's helped defined America,said J Mays, group vice president - Design, and chief creative officer. "It seemed only fitting for us to come...