airwave : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n medium for radio and television broadcasting
the president used the airwaves to take his message to the people
- If you'll remember, Sanford's tearful, rambling confession of infidelity in June dominated the news for less than 24 hours before Michael Jackson died and dominated every airwave .
- His idea: remake Nokia into a kind of wireless Cisco, providing the plumbing to manage all the airwave traffic.
- The Supreme Court gave cable television greater free-speech rights than airwave competitors, nearly striking down a law that requires them to allot a third of their space to local .
News & Articles
- First Looks: Cobra AirWave Wireless Music Receiver
Like several other companies in the post-Dock Connector era, Cobra has released a Bluetooth wireless receiver as an audio alternative to wired Lightning adapters. Named AirWave ($40), the square accessory contains a rechargeable battery with 12-15 hours of play time or 30 hours of standby time, enabling stereo Bluetooth-ready iPods, iPhones, and iPads to stream music directly to any audio system ...
June 20, 2013 - iLounge
- FCC Nominee Tom Wheeler Vows To Move “Expeditiously” On Spectrum Auction
President Obama’s choice to be FCC chairman deftly steered clear of controversies in the first part of his confirmation hearing today at the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation – which will be continued after a recess. Tom Wheeler says he’ll push ahead with the FCC’s effort to entice broadcasters to give up airwave spectrum so it can be auctioned to wireless broadband ...
June 18, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Ken Livingstone in Transport Briefing
Mayor of London Ken Livingstone said: "The addition of the Airwave radio network to the new Connect digital radio system, currently being rolled out across the Tube network, is good news for London. It will bring added flexibility to the way that...
- Jackie Baillie in Herald Scotland
Jackie Baillie, Scottish Labour's health spokeswoman, said: "These delays and cost over-runs are deeply concerning. Nicola Sturgeon needs to explain why she has not intervened to find out what has gone wrong and sorted it out. Airwave is already...
- Boris Johnson in Telegraph.co.uk
Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, added: "The completion of Airwave is good news for Londoners as it further increases the ability of our emergency services to operate on the underground network. Our police service will now have radio coverage at all...