- n gibberish resembling the sounds of a baby
- v utter meaningless sounds, like a baby, or utter in an incoherent way
The old man is only babbling--don't pay attention
- v to talk foolishly
- v flow in an irregular current with a bubbling noise
- v divulge confidential information or secrets
- No babbling by one year; no single words by 16 months; no two-word phrases by 24 months Any loss of language skills at any time No pretend playing.
- Along Manhattan's Jacobs Beacha babbling little strip of sidewalk outside Boxing Tsar Mike Jacobs' 49th Street ticket officethere was gloom one day last week.
- We might be rehashing news of terrorist threats, or babbling about homeland security, or remembering that there's a World Cup going on.
News & Articles
- What language is your baby speaking?
Your linguistic guide to baby babbling
June 17, 2013 - The Week via Yahoo! News
- A ‘blur of colors’
Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:39:21 GMT By SARAH EARLE For the Monitor Motivation comes in many varieties. For Daiquiri Przybyla, it takes the form of a babbling, squealing, fuzzy-headed little girl who can walk across the backyard if she holds your fingers and who just figured out how to roll over. Przybyla, who lives in ...
June 16, 2013 - Concord Monitor
- Newfound dad grateful for his daughter’s courage
“Did you think about me?” a woman on the other end of the phone line asked Gary Fuller. The question came from the 27-year-old daughter he had never met. An ordained minister, Fuller is usually good with words but says her question had him babbling. “The call was so emotionally charged, I hardly remember what [...]
June 14, 2013 - The Upbeat via Yahoo! News
- Jim Zorn in ESPN
I'm still reeling from this loss,Zorn said after Sunday's game. "Anything that I say about my future here would just be babbling along. I'm going to be forthright and ask and get things moving, but I certainly want to be the head coach...
- Ben Barnes in BBC News
Ben Barnes, who plays the title role Prince Caspian, said he was so overexcited that he was "babbling like an idiot".
- Bill Clinton in Times Online
She has a wonderful wholeness about her,Bill told the Los Angeles Times last month. "I have to hold myself back so I don't sound like a babbling idiot. I'm just so proud of her. She's turned out to be a wonderful human being."