- n gibberish resembling the sounds of a baby
- v utter meaningless sounds, like a baby, or utter in an incoherent way
- v to talk foolishly
The two women babbled and crooned at the baby
- v flow in an irregular current with a bubbling noise
- v divulge confidential information or secrets
- But can you decipher the techno-babble that Enterprise crew members are constantly spouting? For some help, PTI consulted Michael Okuda, one of the Star Trek technical experts:.
- Such words babble up in all corners of society, wherever anybody is ax-grinding, arm-twisting, backscratching, sweet-talking.
- Professor Thorndike acknowledges that under his "babble-luck" system hundreds of different languages could have developed among primitive men.
News & Articles
- Monroe police track down fugitive rooster
MONROE -- He didn't have a warrant out for his arrest, but police in Monroe desperately wanted to get him off the street. The culprit spent more than a month on the lam, a nuisance to neighbors with his babble most fowl.
June 17, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Dwyane Wade, Lost Defensive Puppy
Categories: MISCELLANEA It’s always easier to pinpoint a cause, whether it be armchair psycho-babble or an injury or whatever singular else, to explain a decline. Dwyane Wade... ( Read more... )
June 13, 2013 - Hardwood Paroxysm
- Gregg Popovich in MSNBC
That's all psycho babble,Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said, using one of his favorite expressions to downplay the notion. "When I think of dynasties, two come to my mind real quick - UCLA and Bill Russell. Everything else is just talk."
- Dana Perino in MiamiHerald.com
You know what? I'm going to leave all the psycho-babble and the political psycho-babble to the press,said Perino, the White House spokeswoman.
- JJ Abrams in Chicago Tribune
He's essentially the bridge between Walter's techno-babble and English,says Abrams.