- n foolish gibberish
- v to talk foolishly
- Political blather leans sharply to words (peace, prosperity) whose moving powers outweigh exact meanings.
- That blather about being "inspired" by a good book when what they're really talking about is travesty is an excellent clue.
- ridiculous defense of Sarah Palin by a five-minute barrage of blather clearly not believed by and including the Bartlett's-worthy quote "I don't think she quit, I think she .
News & Articles
- Can The World Afford Higher Interest Rates?
That's the end of QE tapering talk then? Not quite, but it should die down somewhat, given U.S. Fed Reserve conduit Jon Hilsenrath's latest kiss-and-tell article in The Wall Street Journal. Thankfully, it might also stop all the blather about the U.S. and global economies recovering (they're not) and this being the end of the bond bull market (premature). What most investors fail to realise is ...
June 15, 2013 - Forbes
- Peter Roebuck in Times Online
All the hype about 2005 has led England astray. Now it's up to Andrew Strauss to turn things around,Peter Roebuck writes. "He faces two main challenges. First, he needs to stop all the blather about 2005. Have no other series been played...
- Richard Merkt in Politics NJ
New Jersey taxpayers should not be fooled by Democrat blather about supporting 'pay-to-play' reform,Merkt said. "The Democrats know they need to say these things to appease public opinion, but, when push comes to shove, they go along with...