- n a very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms; arsenic and arsenic compounds are used as herbicides and insecticides and various alloys; found in arsenopyrite and orpiment and realgar
- n a United States territory on the eastern part of the island of Samoa
- n a metric unit of length equal to one ten billionth of a meter (or 0.0001 micron); used to specify wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation
- n any of several fat-soluble vitamins essential for normal vision; prevents night blindness or inflammation or dryness of the eyes
- n one of the four nucleotides used in building DNA; all four nucleotides have a common phosphate group and a sugar (ribose)
- n (biochemistry) purine base found in DNA and RNA; pairs with thymine in DNA and with uracil in RNA
- n the basic unit of electric current adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- n the 1st letter of the Roman alphabet
- n the blood group whose red cells carry the A antigen
- r to the same degree (often followed by `as')
birds were singing and the child sang as sweetly
sang as sweetly as a nightingale
he is every bit as mean as she is
News & Articles
- AMA's Obesity-As-Disease Vote Should Boost Diet Drugs
The American Medical Association?s endorsement of obesity as a disease state should give a boost to sales and continued development of prescription diet drugs.
June 19, 2013 - Forbes
- Futures rising as Fed gathers in Washington
Futures rising as Fed gathers in Washington The government also reported Tuesday that the pace of construction increased again in May as builders tried to keep up with growing demand for houses. Rising energy costs were partly offset by cheaper food, and the consumer price index ticked up a seasonally adjusted 0.1 percent last month.
June 19, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- As sales slow, Utah’s Skullcandy retrenches
As sales slow, Utah’s Skullcandy retrenches by Vince Horiuchi The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 19, 2013 09:38AM MDT Park City-based audio accessories manufacturer Skullcandy announced Tuesday it is closing its San Clemente, Calif., office and restructuring its management team amid slowing sales and a fading stock. The company, which produces headphones for mobile devices and also sells active ...
June 18, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Lindsay Lohan in NDTV.com
On her Twitter.com page, she wrote: "Didn't we do our nails as a joke with our friend? It had nothing to do w/(with) court...... it's an airbrush design from a stencil."
- Barack Obama in Seattle Times
War is bigger than any one man or woman, whether a private, a general or a president,Obama said in the Rose Garden. "As difficult as it is to lose Gen. McChrystal, I believe it is the right decision for our national security."
- Joe Barton in Politico
I apologize for using the term 'shakedown' with regard to yesterday's actions at the White House in my opening statement this morning, and I retract my apology to BP,Barton said. "As I told my colleagues yesterday and said again this...