- n (biochemistry) purine base found in DNA and RNA; pairs with thymine in DNA and with uracil in RNA
- He realized that "an adenine-thymine pair held together by two hydrogen bonds was identical in shape to a guanine-cytosine pair.
- Working with only the four basic nucleotides that make up all DNA adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine he has assembled an entirely new chromosome for an entirely new one .
- In the case of genes, of course, the alphabet contains just four letters, or bases: A, T, C and G (for adenine, thymine, cytosine and guanine).
News & Articles
- World's first successful visualization of key coenzyme
Japanese researchers have successfully developed the world's first imaging method for visualizing the behavior of nicotine-adenine dinucleotide derivative (NAD(P)H), a key coenzyme, inside cells. This feat could ultimately facilitate the diagnosis of cancer and liver dysfunction and help to elucidate the mechanisms of neurological disorders.
April 17, 2014 - Science Daily