- n a metric unit of length equal to one ten billionth of a meter (or 0.0001 micron); used to specify wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation
- Using film treated with neocyanine the solar spectrum has been photographed up to 11,634 angstrom units, far beyond red at 8,000 angstrom units, the longest visible wavelength.
- The visible spectrum ranges from 8,000 to 4,000 angstrom units.
- Its field of operation extends on both sides of the visible light spectrum up to 10,000 angstrom units on the infra-red range, down to 1,000 on the ultra-violet.
- Steven M Block in EurekAlert (press release)
In the Nature experiment, we carried out the highest-resolution measurement ever made of an individual protein,says Steven Block, professor of applied physics and of biological sciences. "We obtained measurements accurate to one angstrom,...