- s frenzied as if possessed by a demon
the soldier was completely amuck
- r wildly; without self-control
when the restaurant caught fire the patrons ran amuck, blocking the exit
- r in a murderous frenzy
rioters running amuck and throwing sticks and bottles and stones
- Coarse as it is, 4chan has no rival as a hothouse for memes; they're bred and refined, and then they can escape and run amuck through the culture at large.
- Author Camille Paglia, quoted in USA Today, described the incident as an example of "archfeminist ideology gone amuck.
- Thus did a seven-year-stickler for tradition speak amuck, at last, shattering a precedent which was established when Speaker Charles Shaw Lefevre was created Viscount .
- Barack Obama in Register
President Obama describes it as "an example of the procurement process gone amuck" and said "we're going to have to fix it".
- Chris Shays in Danbury News Times
Abu Ghraib was about a military unit run amuck. With proper oversight the abuses would have been easy to correct, and been corrected, without a lot of fanfare or publicity,Shays said.
- Federico Pena in Boston Globe (registration)
For the last eight years, John McCain and his Bush-Republican allies in Congress have promoted the deregulation policies that let corporations run amuck at the expense of working Latino families and all Americans,said Federico PeÃ±a, the...