- v have as an attribute, knowledge, or skill
- v have ownership or possession of
- v enter into and control, as of emotions or ideas
What possessed you to buy this house?
A terrible rage possessed her
- s influenced or controlled by a powerful force such as a strong emotion
by love possessed
- s frenzied as if possessed by a demon
- DSouza diagnosed Mother Teresa as possessed by the devil.
- One conceded that she possessed "a capacity for violent action," which may have been aroused by Sylvia's calling her daughter Stephanie, 15, a whore.
- Ahrendts considered being a designer, but when she got to college she realized that other students possessed more raw talent.
News & Articles
- Hamels stumbles again as Phils fall to Mets
When the speakers at Citizens Bank Park blasted Led Zeppelin, it signaled a moment for which Charlie Manuel longed. Nearing the halfway mark of 2013, his Phillies possessed their best roster thus far. Chase Utley returned Friday to a rock song. His teammates jumped to a three-run lead in the second inning.
June 22, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- New on Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited
See what possessed The Last Exorcism Part II to take over our New Release Recap this week! Get a rundown of new release films and seasons launching on the Video Unlimited service.
June 21, 2013 - PlayStation Blog
- Christian Radio Host Bashes Maddow And Her ‘Demon-Possessed’ Followers: ‘The Spirit Of Antichrist Is Loose’
Christian radio host Rick Wiles was apparently flattered that Rachel Maddow decided to use him as an example of everything that's wrong with the right-wing media on her show this week. But that didn't stop him from tearing into the MSNBC host and her "demon-possessed" viewers on his radio show yesterday.
June 20, 2013 - Mediaite
- Cedric Griffin in 940 News
Like the Constitution he tucked in his pocket, like our nation itself, Robert Byrd possessed that quintessential American quality, and that is the capacity to change, the capacity to learn, the capacity to listen, the capacity to be made more... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA New York Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/03/us/03byrd.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHzN0HsVoWyfL2vLEFtypL95MkfpQ Jul 2, 2010
76275 103042 possessed I knew what he possessed. He's just a great back, and I respect that of him," Griffin said. "I don't think he needs any praises, because he knows that he has that capability of carrying this team. He's been doing a great job, and everyone...
- Nobutaka Machimura in 940 News
Obviously, the suspect possessed the knife without a legitimate reason,said Chief Cabinet Secretary Nobutaka Machimura said. "I think we have to seriously consider what we can do to step up the restrictions."