- v lower in value by increasing the base-metal content
- v make an alloy of
- s (used of metals) debased by mixture with an inferior element
- s (used of metals) blended to obtain a desired property
- Just as molybdenum and tungsten were obscure metals until it was found that they alloyed with steel to make a superlatively hard cutting material, so beryllium, discovered in .
News & Articles
- Wire Stripper and Cutter handles 12-26 AWG stranded wire.
Made from alloyed steel, Model 505ST features thumb-adjustable dial cam for changing wire sizes from 12 to 26 AWG and for keeping tool closed for storage. Ergonomic hand tool, designed for repeated cutting and stripping, has Light Touch™ return spring and non-slip Xuro-Rubber™ handle grips. Tool provides optimum working leverage and is suited for assembly and field service use. This ...
July 2, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Thomas Jefferson in OpEdNews
On March 15, 1789, Jefferson replied to Madison: "I am happy to find that, on the whole, you are a friend to this amendment. The declaration of rights is, like all other human blessings, alloyed with some inconveniences, and not accomplishing fully...
- Jay McInerney in Christian Science Monitor
In a review in the New York Times when the book first came out, Jay McInerney, wrote of feeling "admiration alloyed with impatience veering toward strained credulity" as he read. "If Mr. Wallace were less talented, you would be inclined to...