- s isolated from others
could be alone in a crowded room
was alone with her thoughts
I want to be alone
- s lacking companions or companionship
he was alone when we met him
she is alone much of the time
- s exclusive of anyone or anything else
she alone believed him
cannot live by bread alone
- s radically distinctive and without equal
he is alone in the field of microbiology
this theory is altogether alone in its penetration of the problem
- r without any others being included or involved
the burden of proof rests on the prosecution alone
- r without anybody else or anything else
the child stayed home alone
the pillar stood alone, supporting nothing
- All right, then, says the proud country: If we would be left alone, let us be' alone gloriously, ruggedly.
- We are fighting by ourselves alone; but we are not fighting for ourselves alone.
- So why is our Hong Kong Casanova going home alone? By BRIAN BENNETT Hong Kong Lau Hiu Fai makes a pistol out of his thumb and forefinger, cocks his wrist and aims at an imaginary .
News & Articles
- Mainers urged to leave young wildlife alone
Mainers are being urged by state officials to leave young wildlife alone. The Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife held a special event on Thursday at the Maine Wildlife Park in Gray to spread the message. Click here for photos of wildlife at the park. Three fawns and many other young animals have already been brought to the park this year. "The general public can become very concerned ...
June 13, 2013 - WMTW Portland
- Father of toddler left alone in neighborhood found at home
Deputies found the father of the child who was left alone outside in a Mid-South neighborhood Thursday morning.
June 13, 2013 - WMCTV Memphis
- ‘George Gershwin Alone’: A love song to the love song man
George Gershwin Alone is a bright and breezy one-man show written and performed by Hershey Felder using the glorious music and lyrics of George Gershwin (1898–1937), and his brother, Ira (1896–1983). Felder, playing George Gershwin, fascinates the audience as he describes Gershwin’s short life and plays some of his greatest pieces. Felder is no slouch himself. A talented concert pianist ...
June 12, 2013 - Berkeleyside
- Asamoah Gyan in The Associated Press
We've made everybody proud,Gyan said. "Not Ghana alone, but all of Africa."
- Lindsay Lohan in FOXNews
I very much want to be healthy and gain control of my life and career and have asked for medical help in doing so. I am taking these steps to improve my life,Lohan said in her statement. "Luckily, I am not alone in my daily struggle and I...
- Barack Obama in Dallas Morning News
Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions,Obama said in his address. "They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor...