- n a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten
brass is an alloy of zinc and copper
- n the state of impairing the quality or reducing the value of something
- v lower in value by increasing the base-metal content
- v make an alloy of
- These two discoveries underlie the operating principle of a new alloy announced last week in Instruments ("The Magazine of Measurement and Control").
- He fused a new alloy called Chromel20% chromium, 80% nickel which is still the only alloy or metal (except costly platinum) capable of offering prolonged electric .
- Invented 20 years ago by his Aunt Maggie's boy, Ivan Fleming, a British naval officer, the Fleming hand-propelled aluminum alloy lifeboat is now in use on 75 merchant ships .
- Aditya Mittal in WELT ONLINE
Aditya Mittal, CFO and member of the Group Management Board of ArcelorMittal, said: "This acquisition further strengthens our ferro-alloy supply portfolio, following our recent announcement that we had entered into a strategic equity partnership to...
- Alain Belda in Bizjournals.com
After reviewing a number of options, we have decided the best course to further strengthen our downstream operations and maximize shareowner returns is to combine the soft alloy operations of these two businesses,Alcoa chairman and CEO Alain...
- Ms Brooks in MarketWatch
We continue our efforts to offset rising costs through portfolio optimization, price increases and initiatives to address energy, freight and alloy costs,said Ms. Brooks. "Sustained high metal prices, however, have increased our working...