metal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
- n a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten
- v cover with metal
- a containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal
a metallic compound
the strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades"- Ambrose Bierce
- The perfect industrial metal must be stronger than steel, lighter than aluminum, heat resisting, tough.
- In the 1970s, the metal-on-metal construction was abandoned by orthopedists worldwide because it wasn't very stable and failed to relieve pain as reliably as the current metal-on .
- Why should I a guy who doesn't like Guns n' Roses or heavy metal review Chinese Democracy? Because I have it.