alluvial : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to alluvium
- Left to its own devices, a flooding river spreads horizontally, filling its natural floodplain and enriching it with fertile, alluvial soil.
- Last January, after coming across traces of alluvial gold on his land, Farmer Genesio Ferreira da Silva hired a geologist to investigate whether there was a larger deposit.
- Bangladesh sits atop an alluvial plain, so those bent on genocide needed only to dump bodies in rivers or, as at the Jalladkhana, down the wells and conduits of local water .
News & Articles
- Southern W.Va. home to many firsts
BLUEFIELD — Southern West Virginia is home to some amazing firsts and record-holders, such as the first municipally owned parking garage, the largest alluvial diamond found to date and one of the oldest churches this side of the Allegheny Mountains.
June 20, 2013 - Bluefield Daily Telegraph
- Tendai Biti in Zim Online
There is nothing coming from Chiadzwa. There is nothing coming to the fiscus from Chiadzwa,Biti said at a rally yesterday. "Chiadzwa represents the biggest find of alluvial diamonds in the history of mankind. In the interest of...
- John Edwards in Springdale Morning News
Edwards said: "If farmers don't have options, they'll drill deeper wells. They'll go from the Alluvial Aquifer into the Sparta."