- n a serious (often fatal) disease of the immune system transmitted through blood products especially by sexual contact or contaminated needles
- n a resource
visual aids in teaching
- n the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
- n money to support a worthy person or cause
- n the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
- v give help or assistance; be of service
- v improve the condition of
- When former South African President Nelson Mandela announced that his only surviving son had died of aids, news of the family tragedy resonated around the world.
News & Articles
- AHF Lauds Supreme Court Vote Overturning Anti-Prostitution Pledge as Condition of AIDS Funding
AIDS Healthcare Foundation applauded a Supreme Court decision Thursday to overturn a federal law that required health organizations working in HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment to condemn sex work and prostitution as a condition of receiving funding from government-funded programs like the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief , the respected lifesaving global AIDS plan initially created by ...
June 20, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Court Finds AIDS Program’s Rules Violate Free Speech
The Supreme Court rules on a requirement that groups that receive federal money to combat AIDS abroad have “a policy explicitly opposing prostitution.”
June 20, 2013 - New York Times
- AIDS walk/run set for Sunday
Valley AIDS Information Network, Inc. is hosting its second annual 5K AIDS Walk/Run.
June 19, 2013 - Corvallis Gazette-Times
- Barack Obama in AFP
If we want to be the global leader in combating HIV/AIDS, we need to act like it. And that's why on Monday, my administration will publish a final rule that eliminates the travel ban effective just after the New Year,Obama said.
- Mike Huckabee in Asheville Citizen-Times
It is difficult to understand the public policy towards AIDS,Huckabee wrote in 1992. "It is the first time in the history of civilization in which the carriers of a genuine plague have not been isolated from the general population, and in...
- Magic Johnson in AFP
I am extremely disappointed in KTLK in Minneapolis,Johnson said. "I am outraged that Chris Baker and Langdon Perry would minimize such a serious and deadly issue. Millions are dying from HIV/AIDS and the fact that they would make jokes...