- s without concealment or deception; honest
their business was open and aboveboard
- r in an honest manner
was known for dealing aboveboard in everything
- In many foreign deals, under-the-table payoffs are aboveboard When the forces of virtue rise one foot, the forces of vice rise ten feet.
- Our program directors sign affidavits that everything is being done aboveboard.
- But Sarkozy's search for a new mate will, by definition, be aboveboard he's not cheating on anyone.
- Jesse Jackson Jr in ChicagoNow (blog)
I did not initiate or authorize anyone at any time to promise anything to Gov. Blagojevich on my behalf,the South Side Democrat said at the time. "I thought, mistakenly, that the process was fair, aboveboard and on the merits."
- Greg Abbott in Dallas Morning News
Any retailer who wants to do business in Texas must deal fairly with the public and be aboveboard in explaining all terms of a sale,Attorney General Greg Abbott said.
- Kit Bond in Columbia Missourian
In this era of change, we need a governor with no ax to grind but instead a governor with a fresh, aboveboard, inclusive, and hopeful perspective,Bond said. "We need a governor who cares deeply about issues but does not believe the pursuit...