- (n) possession of controlling influence
- (n) (physics) the rate of doing work; measured in watts (= joules/second)
- (n) possession of the qualities (especially mental qualities) required to do something or get something done
- (n) (of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power
- (n) one possessing or exercising power or influence or authority
- (n) a mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself
- (n) physical strength
- (n) a state powerful enough to influence events throughout the world
- (n) a very wealthy or powerful businessman
- (v) supply the force or power for the functioning of
- Until recently, the power of the social networking sites was hugely underestimated.
- In some countries the power of the mafia exceeds that of the government and the former's writ prevails.
- Russia is stubbornly increasing its dependency on the nuclear power plants even as the rest of the world is slowly phasing them out.