- For outdoor relaxation, there is nothing Dwight Eisenhower would rather do than tee up a golf ball and whap it down a fairway.
- MANNERS MORALS For 17 days Colorado's valleys and pine-clad mountain slopes had echoed the whap-whap of rifles.
- Quarry, landing punishing body punches with a dull whap-whap that could be heard as far back as the $10 seats (the ones at ringside went for $100), took the early advantage.
News & Articles
- WHAP!: Mardi Jo Link’s “Bootstrapper”
I hate beginning any column with a sound effect, but I’m afraid I must. Because, you see, “WHAP” is the sound of a newly released book going flying across the Metro Times editorial office into a wall. In this case, the offending tome is Mardi Jo Link’s Bootstrapper. Now, this isn’t some hatchet job. I must say, Mardi Jo Link is a talented writer. She has written several books, including a true ...
June 20, 2013 - Detroit Metro Times
- Whistleblower: Highway 5 rumble strips have Victoria, MN residents grumbling
The Victoria man sat in a lawn chair in his driveway, counting. WHAP! One. WHAP! Two. An hour later he had a tally of how many times motorists on nearby Hwy. 5 had passed over the rumble strip installed on the center line last year as a tool to enhance highway safety.
June 15, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Lawrence Frank in eFluxMedia
The kid came right in and whap-whap-whap-whap - it's what he does,Frank added. "He changed the game with his scoring."