- n hosiery consisting of a cloth covering for the foot; worn inside the shoe; reaches to between the ankle and the knee
- n a truncated cloth cone mounted on a mast; used (e.g., at airports) to show the direction of the wind
- v hit hard
- Sock puppet: Noun; a writer who uses a pseudonym to add friendly comments to his own blog posts; the sock puppet will rise to the defense of the author, pick fights with those who .
- Christmas was still a month off but many a potent corporation last week began opening its surplus sock and doling out extra dividends.
- The bloodstained sock was even more suspicious, especially since the blood on it found levels of EDTA not found in the human body but found in levels used to preserve blood in .
- John McCain in FOXNews
Even before the Democrats delivered their speeches, McCain, an Arizona senator, said in a statement, "There is a tendency for liberals to seek big government programs that sock it to American taxpayers while failing to solve the very real problems...
- Rex Ryan in New York Daily News
A little rock 'em, sock 'em robots,said Rex Ryan, who didn't seem to mind the fracas.
- Orlando Cabrera in Forbes
I was actually in the training room when he was getting the sutures, so I don't see no reason why he would have to paint blood on his sock,Cabrera said before Thursday's game against Tampa Bay. "I don't know why people want to believe that...