- n a funnel-shaped device towed as a target by an airplane
- n a truncated cloth cone mounted on a mast; used (e.g., at airports) to show the direction of the wind
- n restraint consisting of a canvas covered frame that floats behind a vessel; prevents drifting or maintains the heading into a wind
- n a parachute used to decelerate an object that is moving rapidly
- Once out of the layer, he triggered his drogue parachute by hand at 40,000 ft.
- Once when they tried to frighten it off, it seized the drogue rope and gave the dinghy a spin.
- An automatic mechanism will break out a small, tough drogue parachute, simultaneously releasing a puff of chaff (reflecting metal foil) to help watching radars to pick up the .
News & Articles
- Boeing's first KC-46A test tanker to fly this summer
A Boeing KC-46A, derived from the 767-200ER, on the assembly line in Everett. An artist’s conception of the KC-46A tanker from the perspective of a fighter pilot approaching a refueling drogue.
Jan. 21, 2014 - Everett Herald
- Youssou Nâ€™Dour in Independent
He was worried for me,N'Dour says. "You know, for reasons of drogue [drugs], bad living, things like this. But I was determined. We argued."