- n wetness caused by water
drops of wet gleamed on the window
- v cause to become wet
- v make one's bed or clothes wet by urinating
This eight year old boy still wets his bed
- a covered or soaked with a liquid such as water
a wet bathing suit
- a containing moisture or volatile components
- a supporting or permitting the legal production and sale of alcoholic beverages
a wet candidate running on a wet platform
a wet county
- a producing or secreting milk
a wet nurse
a wet cow
- s consisting of or trading in alcoholic liquor
a wet cargo
a wet canteen
- s very drunk
- And if nothing else, the world's cross-nursers long equated with wet nurses and made to feel shame for their hippie ways suddenly have the most glamorous spokeswoman they .
- Extreme rains and floods have made for a very wet summer in Africa, and there is no end in sight to the downpours that are swallowing towns and forcing over a million to flee their .
- Fire Fighter A fire-supressant liquid that doesn't get anything wet .
- Sean Payton in AFP
This stadium used to have holes in it. It used to be wet. It's not wet anymore,Saints coach Sean Payton said. "This is for the city of New Orleans."
- Beck in USA Today
We're not doing this because your carpet is going to get wet; we're doing it because your life is at risk,Police Chief Charlie Beck said during a televised news conference Wednesday.
- Johan Bruyneel in The Associated Press
He did one prologue in Luxembourg and one here but it was wet,he said. "He did some time trial work but it has been a catch-up constantly to find a good condition. But I think the condition is there now and I'm really happy with how things...