- v kill with or as if with a burst of gunfire or electric current or as if by shooting
in this computer game, space travellers are vaporized by aliens
- v turn into gas
- v lose or cause to lose liquid by vaporization leaving a more concentrated residue
- v decrease rapidly and disappear
all my stock assets have vaporized
- s converted into a gas or vapor
- The iridium layer, mapped by the Alvarezes in scattered sites around the world, suggested an asteroid that vaporized on impact, spreading a cloud throughout the stratosphere.
- Very shortly Japan would see two of its cities vaporized by unthinkable weapons from the future, weapons deployed by an enemy situated that much further down the time-track.
- Thais breathed a sigh of relief--the hated Suchinda had been politically vaporized.
News & Articles
- Electronic cigarettes allow smokers to inhale vaporized nicotine
Electronic cigarettes come with a variety of flavored liquids containing nicotine that are electronically vaporized and inhaled. For this edition of Healthy Living, YNN's Geoff Redick is at a smoke shop with more on electronic cigarettes.
June 8, 2013 - YNN Rochester
- Dan Schwartz: Soviets got the bomb and we got the fallout
The early ’60s were kind of strange. There was the Cuban Missile Crisis and the fear that we were about to be vaporized and/or invaded by a whole shipload of Russians. Public service ads and TV programs taught us how to dig or otherwise construct nuclear fallout shelters.
June 6, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- How to clean, season and maintain your grill
Grills are like cast-iron skillets; the more you use them, the better they cook. That's because as food cooks on the grill, the fats and juices are instantly vaporized by the heating elements or charcoal briquettes.
June 6, 2013 - Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune
- Richard Fisher in Reuters
I don't see any economic growth through 2009 ...... Inflationary forces have just subsided. In fact, they were vaporized,Dallas Federal Reserve President Richard Fisher told Bloomberg Television in an interview.
- Ben Westlund in Bizjournals.com
Oregonians and our state's future have been harmed by these bad deeds, and it demands decisive action,Westlund said in a statement. "We will not stand idly by and allow Oregonians' money to be vaporized by bad actors in international...
- Stephen Cohen in AFP
And certainly some cooperation that had been more or less vaporized by (former US president George W.) Bush has been restored and some new cooperation achieved,Cohen said.