- v lose or cause to lose liquid by vaporization leaving a more concentrated residue
- v cause to change into a vapor
The chemist evaporated the water
- v change into a vapor
The water evaporated in front of our eyes
- v become less intense and fade away gradually
her hopes evaporated after years of waiting for her fiance
- Planets detach from stars; stars and planets evaporate from galaxies.
- According to Hawking, if tiny black holes occurred at CERN, they would evaporate before they got a chance to do any damage.
- Automakers are scrambling for more small and fuel-efficient cars and hybrids as sales of once popular trucks and sport utility vehicles evaporate under the weight of rising fuel .
News & Articles
- Fairmont rallies to top Mankato Nationals
MANKATO — The Mankato Nationals saw their 4-0 lead evaporate quickly in the late innings Monday night as Fairmont drove 10 runs across the plate in the final two frames. The rally gave the Nationals their first Legion baseball loss of the season.
June 11, 2013 - Mankato Free Press
- BC High 4, Newton North 1: End of road for Tigers in boys tennis sectional final
Two weeks ago, the Newton North first doubles combination of Max McKee-Proctor and Owen Grafe saw hopes of a sectional title in the State Individuals tournament evaporate with a loss to BC High in the sectional final.
June 11, 2013 - Newton Tab
- Ryan Crocker in Melbourne Herald Sun
Mr Crocker said Iran would be a winner in this scenario, and the "gains made against al-Qaida and other extremist groups could easily evaporate, and they could establish strongholds to be used as safe havens for regional and international...
- Rafer Alston in ESPN
We've just got to find a way to lock in, the same way we lock in through the first three quarters,said Alston. "It's mind-boggling now -- back-to-back -- to have such a lead and then let it evaporate like that."
- GÃ¡bor HorvÃ¡th in FOXNews
If the focal region of drops falls exactly on the dry plant surface intensely focused sunlight could theoretically start a fire,Horvath said. "However, the likelihood is reduced as the water drops should evaporate before this, so these...