union : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer
you have to join the union in order to get a job
- n the United States (especially the northern states during the American Civil War)
- n the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes
- n the state of being joined or united or linked
there is strength in union
- n the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life (or until divorce)
God bless this union
- n healing process involving the growing together of the edges of a wound or the growing together of broken bones
- n a political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations
- n a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets
let C be the union of the sets A and B
- n the occurrence of a uniting of separate parts
lightning produced an unusual union of the metals
- n a device on a national flag emblematic of the union of two or more sovereignties (typically in the upper inner corner)
- n the act of making or becoming a single unit
the union of opposing factions
- s being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War
- a of trade unions
the union movement
a union-shop clause in the contract
- Georgians had already felt the Kremlin's determination to keep the union intact, when Soviet paratroopers armed with sharpened spades brutally dispersed a nationalist demonstration .
- And Callaghan has no cure Once again an epidemic of strikes by rapacious unions enfeebled Britain.
- John Edwards has worked hard for union support, but this year labor may be cautious about an endorsement.
News & Articles
- Union Dental Announces AWG Machine for the Dental Market
Union Dental Holdings, Inc. - a Company that operates and manages a network of dentists throughout the United States for union members announced today that Drinkable Air Technologies, Inc. released......
June 11, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Union school board approves "hold your own" budget
The Union County school board approved a new, balanced budget during a meeting Monday night. District leaders said the fiscal plan reflects a “hold your own” approach to budgeting.
June 11, 2013 - Spartanburg Herald-Journal
- Union First to acquire StellarOne in $445M deal
Union First Market Bankshares Corp. plans to acquire StellarOne Corp. in a stock transaction valued at $445 million. The banks say the deal will create the largest community banking institution in Virginia, ...
June 10, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
The threat of terrorism faced by the United States and the European Union continues and, with this agreement, all of our citizens will be safer,President Obama said in a statement in Washington.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in FOXNews
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton said, "Tonight is a red-letter night in American history. It is the last time George Bush will give the State of the Union. Next year it will be a Democratic president giving it."