jointure : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (law) an estate secured to a prospective wife as a marriage settlement in lieu of a dower
- n the act of making or becoming a single unit
- By the terms of his will, his widow is left an interest in the London residence, a jointure worth about $5,000 annually and the residue of his personal property.
- At birth these bones are not completely joined, the jointure being fulfilled by membranes, which change into bone as the person grows older.
- Without either side wanting it, the battle seemed on its way to jointure.
News & Articles
- Ghosts and Goblins at the Developmental Learning Center in New Providence
Individuals in haunted house include: (from left)) Developmental Learning Center â New Providence student with vocational education teachers, Rachel Montagna and Gail Padavano. The Morris-Union Jointure Commission Developmental Learning Center-New Providence, located at 330 Central Ave., held its annual...
Nov. 1, 2013 - Independent Press