- n the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life (or until divorce)
a long and happy marriage
- n two people who are married to each other
his second marriage was happier than the first
- n the act of marrying; the nuptial ceremony
their marriage was conducted in the chapel
- n a close and intimate union
the marriage of music and dance
a marriage of ideas
- Gay marriage has been a hotbutton topic this summer.
- Getting married may still bring happiness, but new research suggests that marriage is not the long-term wealth enhancer that it once was.
- A real estate bubble and rampant inflation have priced many young Iranians out of the marriage market, and their seething resentment may hurt the incumbent in Friday's election.
News & Articles
- Illinois Marriage Equality Activists Rally Outside Undecided Representative's Offices
Gay marriage activists rallied today outside State Representative Chuck Jefferson’s office in Rockford, Illinois today. WIFR reports : ...a few dozen Stateliners rallied today outside State Representative Chuck Jefferson’s office this afternoon.
June 14, 2013 - Gayapolis
- Marriage licenses
Marriage licenses A-J Media MARRIAGE LICENSES: Tuan Manh Nguyen and Thanh Hue T. Nguyen Randall Don French and Stephanie Renee Hughes DIVORCES GRANTED: Debbie Martinez and Bryant Martinez Solomon Gonzalez Jr.
June 12, 2013 - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
- Marriage Equality Is Great And All, But...
Same-sex marriage is legal in 12 states, and Ohio is not one of them. That may very well change in the coming years, given several statewide efforts.
June 12, 2013 - Cleveland Scene
- Linda Lingle in Los Angeles Times
There has not been a bill I have contemplated more or an issue I have thought more deeply about during my eight years as governor than House Bill 444 and the institution of marriage,Lingle said at a news conference. "I have been open and...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in International Herald Tribune
For those who saw the signs of hatred as our cars drove in tonight, I think it's a good time for those who voted for the ban against gay marriage to sit and reflect on their great shame, and their shame in their grandchildren's eyes if they... Sean Penn http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Penn&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHyWkfkohuX8aFyYxA38x_KH5sEOQ FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,498244,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGDeSocoHMJc4XbIXsEYb6mqTwa9w Feb 22, 2009
61530 82099 marriage The president-elect and I believe that foreign policy must be based on a marriage of principles and pragmatism, not rigid ideology, on facts and evidence, not emotion or prejudice," Clinton said, her daughter, Chelsea, seated behind her in the...