join : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made
- n a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets
- v become part of; become a member of a group or organization
He joined the Communist Party as a young man
- v cause to become joined or linked
join these two parts so that they fit together
- v come into the company of
She joined him for a drink
- v make contact or come together
The two roads join here
- v be or become joined or united or linked
Our paths joined
- And he had a point: Israel is one of only three countries in the world that have yet to join the treaty, but the other two, India and Pakistan, weren't mentioned in the resolution .
- Last week another Arab nation prepared to join the new anti-Communist Baghdad pact, but not without the kind of scuffling in the streets that so often passes for soul-searching in .
- Humans do not join terrorist groups because they are poor, oppressed or religious.
News & Articles
- Join Summer Day Camp program at Boys and Girls Clubs
LAUGHLIN — Join the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Colorado River Summer Day Camp program through Aug. 23. The program for kids ages six to 18 goes from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays in the Spirit Mountain Community Center, 1975 Arie Dr. Call 702-299-9223 for more information or to register.
June 12, 2013 - The Laughlin Times
- Volunteers can join in Des Moines River cleanup
Volunteers can join an effort during a week in July to remove garbage from the Des Moines River.
June 12, 2013 - KCCI 8 Des Moines
- 'House of Cards': Join a live chat with Corey Stoll on Wednesday
Join actor Corey Stoll and Times staff writer Glenn Whipp at 2 p.m. Pacific time Wednesday for a live video chat about Stoll's turn as doomed ( but charming!
June 11, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- LeBron James in The Associated Press
This fall, and it's very tough,James said to a national TV audience. "I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat."
- John McCain in Hartford Courant
I have spoken to Senator Obama and informed him of my decision and have asked him to join me. We must meet as Americans, not as Democrats or Republicans, and we must meet until this crisis is resolved,McCain said. "I am directing my...
- Pat Riley in Reuters
We are thrilled that LeBron James and Chris Bosh have decided to come to Miami to join forces with our truly great player, Dwyane Wade,Heat coach Pat Riley said in a statement. "We are looking forward to the opportunity of building...