- n a more or less definite period of time now or previously present
it was a sign of the times
- n an arithmetic operation that is the inverse of division; the product of two numbers is computed
four times three equals twelve
- n an instance or single occasion for some event
he called four times
- n a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something
- n an indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or activities)
- n a suitable moment
- n the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past
- n a person's experience on a particular occasion
- n a reading of a point in time as given by a clock
- n the fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial dimensions) to specify a physical event
- n rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
- n the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned
- v measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time
- v assign a time for an activity or event
- v set the speed, duration, or execution of
- v regulate or set the time of
- v adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time
The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely
News & Articles
- Times' all-area golf teams include 2 D-I signees
The fourth annual Quad-City Times all-area boys and girls golf teams is senior-heavy, features Division-I talent and includes several all-state recipients.
June 15, 2013 - Quad-City Times
- Times, Bay News 9 plan St. Petersburg mayoral debate Aug. 6
The Tampa Bay Times and Bay News 9 will partner to produce a live, televised St. Petersburg mayoral debate before the August primary. The debate, “A Conversation with the Candidates,” is scheduled for 7-8 p.m. on Aug. 6 at the Palladium Theater at St. Petersburg College.
June 14, 2013 - St. Petersburg Times Blogs
- The New York Times Giveth to Anthony Weiner, and the Times Taketh Away
Weeks after The New York Times Magazine helped Anthony Weiner launch his comeback campaign, its ink-and-paper sibling has fired a big shot into the side of it. And its not the same bombshell everyone is waiting for.
June 13, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Alistair Darling in guardian.co.uk
Darling said the government was prepared to take "pretty big steps that we wouldn't take in ordinary times" to ensure that Britain gets through the current crisis.
- Mitch McConnell in Los Angeles Times
Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the chamber's Republican leader, said Byrd will be remembered "for the many times he recalled the Senate to its purposes."
- Pope Benedict XVI in Irish Times
Then on March 19th there was the pope's letter to the Catholics of Ireland where, addressing the bishops directly, he said: "It cannot be denied that some of you and your predecessors failed, at times grievously, to apply the long-established norms...