metre : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards)
- n (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- n rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
- There were numerous outstanding events: 1) The 400-metre hurdles race was won by George Taylor, Grinnell College, who reduced a world's record of 53 seconds to 52 610 .
- Bonthron won his heat in the 800-metre run.
- Mary Hoerger Platform dive Dorothy Poynton Hill 300-metre medley relay .
- Fernando Alonso in The Canadian Press
Then the safety car came out, which wasn't too good for us, but Hamilton overtook the safety car, something that I had never seen, overtaking the medical car with yellow flags,Alonso said. "We were a metre off each other, and he finished...
- Haile Gebrselassie in RIA Novosti
Haile Gebrselassie of Ethiopia said: "The pollution in China is a threat to my health and it would be difficult for me to run 42km. But I am not pulling out of the Olympic event in Beijing altogether. I plan to participate in the 10,000-metre...
- Jimmy Rollins in 940 News
I don't know what they look at,Rollins said, "but being a shortstop, that's No. 1.52-metre . Defence is first . Defence is always first."