- n a string of words satisfying the grammatical rules of a language
he always spoke in grammatical sentences
- n (criminal law) a final judgment of guilty in a criminal case and the punishment that is imposed
- n the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned
his sentence was 5 to 10 years
- v pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law
- Lewis "Scooter" Libby leaves the courthouse after being sentenced to 30 months in prison and fined $250,000 for his role in the CIA leak case in Washington, June 5, 2007.
- Unless the facts leading to the sentence are determined by a jury (or admitted to in a guilty plea), the court said, a judge required to impose a sentence longer than "the .
- His sentence: life imprisonment (though she becomes eligible for parole in 15 years).
News & Articles
- Sentence handed down on drug charges
STEUBENVILLE - A man found guilty by a Jefferson County Common Pleas Court jury last week of two counts of drug trafficking and one count of drug possession was sentenced to eight years and 11 months in prison on Tuesday by Common Pleas Judge David...
June 12, 2013 - The Steubenville Herald-Star
- Sentence affirmed in inmate 'shakedown' case
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - A state appeals court has affirmed former Baton Rouge Police Cpl. Donald Bailey's three-year prison term for shaking down an East Baton Rouge Parish Prison inmate in 2009. Bailey, who pleaded no contest in May 2011 to bribery and corrupt-influencing charges, was accused of soliciting and accepting cash from the prisoner. State District Judge Chip Moore sentenced Bailey in ...
June 12, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Harsher sentence sought for Tunisian feminist
TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) — A lawyer says a prosecutor has appealed a sentence that a court gave to a Tunisian feminist for possessing pepper spray as not harsh enough.
June 10, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News