- v express strong disapproval of
We condemn the racism in South Africa
- v declare or judge unfit for use or habitation
The building was condemned by the inspector
- v compel or force into a particular state or activity
His devotion to his sick wife condemned him to a lonely existence
- v demonstrate the guilt of (someone)
Her strange behavior condemned her
- v pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law
He was condemned to ten years in prison
- v appropriate (property) for public use
the county condemned the land to build a highway
News & Articles
- Southern Baptists Condemn Policy Shift On Gay Boy Scouts
The Southern Baptist Convention approved a resolution at its annual meeting Wednesday to condemn the Boy Scouts of America's decision to allow openly gay boys to become Scouts. read more
June 13, 2013 - Georgia Public Broadcasting
- UNM to condemn land for south campus development
The University of New Mexico today began the process of condemning 24 empty lots of land for public use owned by an Albuquerque family for development of its south campus.... Read more »
June 13, 2013 - Albuquerque Journal
- Gay rights groups condemn NYPD over alleged 'homophobic' arrest
Gay rights groups and anti-violence activists gathered Tuesday outside One Police Plaza to condemn NYPD officers they said wrongly arrested three men in Brooklyn last week because they were gay, saying it was indicative of the force's "homophobia."
June 11, 2013 - amNewYork
- Gordon Brown in BBC News
In a statement issued on Wednesday, Mr Brown said: "We have strong reason to believe that a British citizen, Edwin Dyer, has been murdered by an al-Qaeda cell in Mali. I utterly condemn this appalling and barbaric act of terrorism. My thoughts are...
- Joe Biden in Tehran Times
I condemn the decision by the government of Israel to advance planning for new housing units in East Jerusalem,Joe Biden said. "It's the kind of step that undermines the trust we need"
- Condoleezza Rice in Reuters
McCormack said Washington was working toward a cease-fire that would not allow for a re-establishment of the status quo, "where Hamas can continue to launch rockets out of Gaza and to condemn the people of Gaza to a life of misery."