- n the location of something surrounded by other things
- a not thin; of a specific thickness or of relatively great extent from one surface to the opposite usually in the smallest of the three solid dimensions
an inch thick
a thick board
a thick sandwich
spread a thick layer of butter
thick coating of dust
thick warm blankets
- s having component parts closely crowded together
a thick forest
- a relatively dense in consistency
- s spoken as if with a thick tongue
the thick speech of a drunkard
- s having a short and solid form or stature
a thickset young man
- s hard to pass through because of dense growth
- s (of darkness) very intense
- s (used informally) associated on close terms
the two were thick as thieves for months
- s (used informally) stupid
- s abounding; having a lot of
the top was thick with dust
- r with a thick consistency
the blood was flowing thick
- r in quick succession
misfortunes come fast and thick
- For Luciana, the groundwork came early in adolescence, when "all legs and big feet, thick at the waist and thick in the nose," she was taken in hand by her half brother, Rodolfo .
- A thick photochemical smog comprised of respirable suspended particulate matter and nitrogen dioxide hangs thick over the Causeway Bay district of Hong Kong, 22 January 2009 Pilot .
- One-inch-thick steel would only be 1 in.
News & Articles
- Louisiana officials: One dead, at least 75 injured in chemical plant blast
A plume of thick smoke rose over a Louisiana chemical plant Thursday after an explosion and fire that left at least one person dead and forced authorities to ask people as far as 2 miles away to stay inside to avoid exposure to potentially toxic fumes.
June 14, 2013 - CNN
- Syria pushes back U.S. chemical weapons claim
Claims and counterclaims came thick and fast Friday in response to the White House's declaration hours earlier that it believes the Syrian government has crossed a "red line" in using chemical weapons against rebels. That conclusion -- declared for the first time Thursday -- is prompting the United States to increase the "scale and scope" of its support for the opposition, the White House said ...
June 14, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- Thick haze, smoky smell stoking fire fears
Smoke from wildfires in New Mexico mixed with dust kicked up by gusty winds, filling the air over southern Colorado with a thick haze Tuesday. No new wildfires have been confirmed in Colorado. A one-half acre fire continued to burn at the U.S. Air Force Academy Tuesday. A red flag warning has been issued for all of southern Colorado because of the high fire danger. STORMTRACKER 13 says the ...
June 11, 2013 - KRDO Colorado Springs
- Mohammad Asif in Washington Post
We were attacked with bombs. Thick smoke surrounded us. We all ran in panic in different directions,said Mohammad Asif, a wounded officer taken to a hospital.
- Barack Obama in BusinessWeek
Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink...... I don't know what will go first, rock 'n' roll or Christianity. We (The Beatles) are more popular than Jesus now. Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them... John Lennon http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lennon&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHz-BQlIiadU4ebVwiCZKr7pBR40A Nigerian Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/features/7144-those-who-mocked-god-and-died&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGPT_Ktn9Mem4Ql9lNpDMCArNJKRg Jun 21, 2010
99524 132127 thick The United States and the United Kingdom have stood together through thick and thin, through war and peace, through hard times and prosperity, and we've always emerged stronger by standing together," Obama said next to a beaming Brown.